tvr

Re: [usa-tvr] Roll bar or cage

To: tvr@autox.team.net, usa-tvr@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [usa-tvr] Roll bar or cage
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:15:53 EST
 In a message dated 01-02-27 18:43:56 EST, o1tvr@aol.com writes:

 <<
  Does anyone have a roll bar or a cage in their Vixen? If so did you
  have it made or did you buy a kit. Also how much did it cost and how
  can i get one? Thanks for the help.
  Marc Stein
  71 2500
  NY >>

 Hello,

 I'm not aware of any kits for the Vixen.  The roll bar in my car is a
custom-made one.  I got real lucky.  A fellow approached me a couple years
ago when we were running the 2500M at a hillclimb.  He told me he used to
have a Vixen and still had some parts in his basement.  The rollbar was one
of the parts I ended up buying and fitting to my Vixen.

 I suggest a trip to your local race shop.  The circle track guys are pretty
good at that sort of fabrication, and should be able to make some
suggestions.  As for price, well it depends on a lot of things like whether
you use chromemoly tubing, how many bends/ pieces go into the thing, how many
places it attaches to the frame,etc.  There are some important design
considerations depending on how you plan to use the car.  Things like tubing
size and wall thickness, incorporating a mounting for the lap and shoulder
belts and seat back are spelled out in the rulebooks along with other basic
design requirements.

 I don't know, just guessing......maybe anywhere from $500 for the basic
single hoop with braces to  $2,500 for a full cage?  The custom made full
cage in the 2500M cost close to $1,500, but that was done many years ago.

 Let us know what you find out!

 Rich Rock
 Pottstown, PA

///