tvr

New to the list, question about suspension 2500M

To: "TVR" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: New to the list, question about suspension 2500M
From: "Jason George" <jgeorge@home.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:17:23 -0700
Hi all,

I'm new to the list, just found it again after a hiatus.

I'm having a lot of trouble with a 1973 TVR 2500M. It's too low for
comfort-in fact, the front driver side tire is rubbing the top of the
fender???

I replaced the shocks recently with Spax. What a major headache. After
waiting 6 months to get them from the local distributor (turns out he
let them linger on his shelves all that time-avoid RPM Motorsports or
something like that in Port Coquitlam, BC Canada) they finally arrived.
Had the springs magnafluxed and put everything back together.

Now the car is too low, especially on the front. It canters forward
quite abit. Questions: did I get the wrong shocks sent to me? I really
dread the idea of dealing with Spax and this dealer again. Is it
possible my springs are a little tired (if so, anyone got a measurement
for what they're supposed to be?)? Or, is it something else entirely
that I'm missing?

Really looking forward to an answer on this question!
Jason George

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///