tvr

Re: 2500M winow rubber

To: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: 2500M winow rubber
From: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:11:41 -0400
Hi Pat:
I'll have to delve into my files and get back to you, but I replaced the
window track material in my doors  as part of the rebuild on the car. I
sent samples of the old original materials to Restoration Specilaties in
Windber PA (They always seem to have a booth at Hershey and Carlisle in
the fall). They were able to supply materials to replace the old stuff.

As far as rebuilding the doors, I dont know exactly what you had in
mind, but the bracket at the bottom of the door that holds the aluminum
window assembly to the door was rather rusty from water getting thru the
old window channels. It was a made up piece, adjustable for size. It was
made up of two pieces of angle iron--one bolted to the indide of the
door fiberglass and the other to the bottom of the window channels. I
remade mine out of stainless steel  instead of mild or galvanized steel.

I'll come back with the details from Restoration Specialties after I
look them up.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net

Pat Leask wrote:

>This winter its time to rebuild my 2500M doors/glass/rubber etc.
>
> I see that the vertical channel stuff is fairly rigid, and in the the top of
>the window (that rounds around both corners) is more of a rubber material
>(Flexible). Also, there is two felt faced metal rails that sandwich the window
>just below the top of the door and a rubber "Squeegee".
>
>Can anyone suggest where and what to buy for these items I listed above? Is it
>TVR specific or stock something else ?
>Also, anyone done a door rebuild who can offer any suggestions on rebuilding ?
>
>Thanks, Pat

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///