Re: Replicas?

To: gpetrola@prairienet.rg
Subject: Re: Replicas?
From: Vintagemg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 21:20:34 -0400

I race a vintage car.   I don't really give a hoot about the people who pay
money to come  to the vintage events.  I do it because I enjoy it.  It is not
for everybody.  We do it for the joy of taking the old iron out on the track
where it belongs.  Not in a museum.

It is not supposed to be cheap racing.  It is not supposed to be fair.

If you want to race competitively, there are plenty of SCCA and Club Ford
events that you can participate in that are cheaper.

A few weeks ago at Pocono, going through the turn they call Nascar 1, I
thought about the fact that my axles, frame, etc. is 35 years old.  That
caused me to back off.  The thought of hitting the wall at speed gives you
some respect for your machine and your competitors.  With a freshly built
car, the 'pucker factor' is not as clearly evident.

I and others believe in the vintage adage that here, "the cars are the
stars".  Replicas are fine, for trips to the mall, the golf club to impress
your buddies, etc.  But Vintage Racing is for Vintage Cars.  No exceptions.

Jay Nadelson
1960 MGA Roadster
VSCCA/SVRA # 595

VintgageMG@aol.com