Re: Forged pistons

To: tr4racer@esinet.net
Subject: Re: Forged pistons
From: simon@LSIL.COM (Simon Favre)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 95 15:24:32 PST
I had a great set of Venolias in my Fiat 1100 Formula Junior motor.
Unfortunately, the crank snapped, bending a rod and one of the piston
skirts. Do you have an address for Venolia?  I still have the set and
wonder if they can repair or replace the damaged one. They worked quite
well. I haven't tried Cosworth.  I ended up with Mondial pistons in the
current block. The Mondials are heavier, but they take a stock Fiat
wrist pin. The Venolias used something smaller, which required special
wrist pin bushings. I think the Venolias were a good design, and well
made.