Hello From South Australia

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Hello From South Australia
From: "Jim Bickford" <bijfb@[129.96.250.33]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 23:13:15 +0000
Hello to vintage-race list readers,
I am the secretary of the Historic Racing Register section
of the Sporting Car Club of South Australia which is one of
the world's oldest car clubs having been founded in 1934.
The club is situated in Adelaide, a city of about 1 million
people, and former host of the Australian Formula One Grand
Prix (the AGP has now moved east to Melbourne).
The club promotes and organises a variety of motorsport
activities from circuit racing (at both amateur and
professional levels) to hillclimbs and mud trials.
The Historic Racing Register runs a 2 day race meeting for
cars and motorcycles (from an invited club) annually.
The historic racing movement in Australia embraces cars from
the 1920s to 1975 and still contains many interesting and
significant machines although a number of outstanding ones
have left our shores for collections in Europe and the US.

Anyhow enough of that, the reason for this post is that our
register chairman is in the fortunate position of being able
to visit the US later in the year and would like to plan his
visit so as to be able to include a visit to an
all historic/vintage race meeting. So if someone would be so
kind as to either point me to a site with a meeting calendar
(for the entire country not just for say California)
or e-mail me the details I would be most appreciative.

It goes without saying that themembers of HRR would be delighted to
meet anyone connected with historic/vintage motorsport if
they happen to be visiting Adelaide.

Regards to you all
Jim Bickford..