Small alternator for race cars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Small alternator for race cars
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 13:49:06 -0400
I recently purchased a small Mitsubishi 50A alternator to try to fit on my
Alfa. It's only a little bit bigger than the Bosch generator but the
combination of the size and position of the mounting lugs makes it
impossible to fit inthe tight Alfa engine compartment.
It has a built in regulator and has to be more reliable that most vintage
generators. It comes with a large pulley too. Weights little and uses very
little HP.
Anybody interested?

Jim Hayes -   Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
 jeh@fotec.com              http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.