removing stripes

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: removing stripes
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:04:11 -0400
I recently bought a new trailer, that had a very lovely sign lettered on the
side.  Unfortunately, it advertised the other guy's race team! I tried the
old standbys of heat, solvent, reducer, wax remover, brake cleaner, and
everything else I could think of, but NOTHING would budge the adhesive
residue left under the letters after the actual vinyl was removed.

A friend (the same guy I bought the trailer from) suggested 3M wood trim
remover, and a companion product 3M adhesive residue remover.  They worked
so well I couldn't believe it.  The wood trim remover softens the vinyl so
that it just pulls off, and the adhesive residue remover softens that stuff
so that you can just scrape it off with a plastic scraper.  Total success!

Just thought someone else might have the same problem I did...

Brian Evans