VW Rabbit exhausts

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, gli@coimbra.ans.net
Subject: VW Rabbit exhausts
From: harwooc@govonca.gov.on.ca (Chris Harwood)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 10:10:04 -0500
HELP - I'm looking for help (or a mailing list for VW Rabbits). My son
acquired a 79 Rabbit. Since acquiring the car in MAY is has gone through 4!
of the flex pipes connecting the manifold to the remainder of the exhaust.
The whole exhaust system was replaced by a muffler shop earlier this month.
The flex pipe lasted 1 week! - The pipe was replaced under warranty, - the
engine mounts were "checked" and found to be o.k. This last repair has
lasted 1.5 weeks! Is anyone aware of a fix for the problem.

Chris Harwood
70 Lotus Europa S2