Re: Shelby at Monterey

To: atrltd@earthlink.net (Dick Carlson)
Subject: Re: Shelby at Monterey
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:41:43 PST
This is interesting, because we already celebrated the 30th anniversary
of the Shelby American Cobra FIA championship in 65 at the Wine Country
Classic (also a Steve Earle event) in 95.  Now we get the LeMans/GT40
anniversary to celebrate.  Such fun.  What's next, a commemorative
celebration of Carroll's heart bypass?  ;=)

For some nice Cobra shots from the Wine Country event, look on the
team.net FTP site under /vintage/Images for the sacobra series of
images (sacobra*.jpg). For browser users try:

ftp://ftp.team.net/vintage/Images

> I just got a return phone call from Debbie Earle at HMSA this morning
> (Nov. 20) confirming that it will be Shelby/Cobra at Monterey in 1997,
> and Porsche moves to 1998.
>  All I can say is *YES*.
> --
>  Dick Carlson, Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd, World HQ, Kansas City

That's ok.  The Zuffenhausen crowd will have a 50th anniversary to
celebrate.  It was beginning to look a little suspicious with BMW one
year and Porsche the next.