Re: Old race footage

To: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Old race footage
From: Marc Robertson <marc@blackberry-ridge.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 10:25:41 -0600
Malcolm Cox wrote:

> Now the nights are long, cold and dark and the MGA is sitting forlorn and
>forgotten in the barn
> (cripes it must be 55 degrees out there!), my thoughts turn to racing, sunny
>days and the smell
> of burning 5$ bills.
>
> I'm desperate.
> I overheard paddock gossip that some satellite/cable service runs footage of
>races of yesteryear.
> (oh god now I said it yesteryear=my_teenage_years)
> Please tell me where to sign up.
>
> Malcolm Cox, Napa, CA           malcox@napanet.net
> Vintage Race MGA #80, 1960

Speedvision is available in the clear until the end of the year on
C-Band satellite transponder C-11.  I've seen no mention of the
subscription fee after that, but I really haven't looked.  Its quite
interesting -- if you can get it -- but buy some tapes.  In my case,
some of the coverage comes at times when my wife would rather be
watching something else, and then the repeats come during the workday or
in the middle of the night.

Marc Robertson
marc@blackberry-ridge.com