[Fwd: Re: Old race footage]

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Old race footage]
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 19:13:41 -0500
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 07:49:49 -0500
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
To: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Old race footage

Malcolm Cox wrote:

> Now the nights are long, cold and dark and the MGA is sitting forlorn and
>forgotten in the barn
> (cripes it must be 55 degrees out there!), my thoughts turn to racing, sunny
>days and the smell
> of burning 5$ bills.
>
> I'm desperate.
> I overheard paddock gossip that some satellite/cable service runs footage of
>races of yesteryear.
> (oh god now I said it yesteryear=my_teenage_years)
> Please tell me where to sign up.
>
> Malcolm Cox, Napa, CA           malcox@napanet.net
> Vintage Race MGA #80, 1960

Surely you have heard of Speedvision? They have a website with all their
upcoming programs. They have lots of old films of GPs
(Fangio/Nuvolari/Ascari, etc.) - they just showed Moss' MG land spped
record film, they had this year's Monterey. Also old boats and planes.
Great network. What ESPN would be if car people ran the world!
We get it on our DSS dish.It comes with one of the sports programming
packages.
If this is something you already know, I apologize. Otherwise, I hope it
helps. Other than that, I've also heard of people getting european feeds
of present-day GPs and B/GTCC races on their regular (K band) sattelite
dishes.
Our friend is running a green-on-green Twincam here on the east coast.
He burns $10. bills. We, however, are into Alfas and we burn lire, so it
doesn't matter.
Have fun.
Susan