Insurance Question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance Question
From: Gary <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:59:57 -0600
It is becoming somewhat common for employers Health/Medical insurance to
exclude coverage for injuries resulting from "dangerous" activities or
sports.  Often times, specific sports/activities are mentioned, i.e. Rock
Climbing, SkyDiving and sometimes even "motorsports".

Is anyone familiar with any studies that give statistics as to the relative
"danger" (or saftey) of our sport, Vintage Sports car racing?

I think one could make the argument to his/her employer, if such a exclusion
endorsement is on their Medical Policy, that our sport may not be more
dangerous than driving a street car on the freeway.  But, as always,
documentation would be helpful.

What's out there?  Do any of the sanctioning bodies "track" injuries/accidents?

Gary Speckman
Team Thicko