Re: What is vintage racing / Introduction

To: Chris Smith <zvezdah@ldl.net>
Subject: Re: What is vintage racing / Introduction
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 05:27:06 -0800
Chris Smith wrote:

> HI Jim, et al.
>
> I must say I agree with you on the points you raise. As far as Savannah,
> the no. of incidents were appalling. I've never been at an HSR with so
> many shunts (major league shunts they were). I attributed it to
> "end-of-the-season go for broke" reasoning? I don't know. It's certainly
> not typical for the Mitty at Road Atlanta (been going to those since the
> late 80s.
>
> As I detailed, my hopes, aspirations are to get some track experience at
> various schools, hopefully my first school will be at RA with BMW club
> at RA in March. After a year or so and IF I feel comfortable than maybe
> drive in the Sports Challenge at HSR. I would never even think of racing
> a 95 model anything in a vintage race. If I find I really enjoy this
> I'll get a proper vintage car (an Elan?) and go from there.
>
> Chris "I promise to keep my mouth shut and listen" Smith

Chris:

No need to keep your mouth shut.  By asking your questions, you have
given us all a chance to remind one another what Vintage Racing is all
about - old cars and, for the lucky, the chance to race with both old
and new friends.  Discussion is healthy for the sport.  More discussion
of the philosophy, etc. can be found from my web page at
http://www.netcom.com/~nobozos/ as it relates to the Florida Regions
SCCA Vintage Program.

Hope to meet you at the track some day - have FUN!

*8o)