Gearing for Road Atlanta/Walter Mitty

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gearing for Road Atlanta/Walter Mitty
From: ken wright <ken@fiona.umsmed.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:02:29 -0500 (CDT)
        Does anyone have any experience or advice on mounting a Weaver
three stage dry sump pump to a small block chevy in a '78 Camaro?  The
mount on the pump is intended to position the pump on the front of the
block on the drivers side.  When I hook everything up the steering gear
(stock except for tie rods) hits the pump when I turn left.  I appreciate
any help that you can offer,  possible alternate mounting locations?

                                                Thanks,  Ken