Re: Monterey Historics

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 07:31:17 -0700
I have to agree with Susan.
I've only run one HMSA event so far, but it was fun, well organised and
had some really interesting cars to race/exhibit against.
Also track time is track time.
Also, Monterery Historics is more of a carnival, not a race, seems like
it would be fun to be a part of it.
My home club is CSRG, they sit halfway between VARA (in a MGA, VARA
allow for example 1800 MGB engine, with no limits to internals, coil
overs, electronic ignition with crank timing) and HMSA who allow nothing
that you couldn't buy in 1960.  CSRG allows me to run Yokohamas, but for
example won't let you run a 1275 in a bugeye, nor a 1800  in a MGA.

But you know what. I couldn't care less.  I have yet to have a race
weekend when I didn't have a great time.  The only race I run is against
the guy in front of me or the stop watch if I don't have anyone in front
of me.
If the MGA holds together long enough for Diane and I to thrash the nuts
off it for a whole weekend, we're in heaven.
Still keeping my fingers crossed that I'm one of the anointed!
Malcolm Cox 1960 MGA