Vintage classes/groups

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vintage classes/groups
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:32:00 -0400 (EDT)
With the discussion of groups and classes, jut thought some might like to
hear what we have done here at CVAR in Texas. Still have rough edges but
trying to work it out. All based on 1972 SCCA GCR and PCS (exceptions noted),
with adjustments for FIA cars. By the way, we are firmly opposed to a moving
elegibility date, which does indeed cause an exodus of older cars (just like
it did in SCCA...those that do not learn from the past...).
Classes:
PA: AP, BP, AS
PB: DP. EP. BS
PC: F-HP, C-DS
PD: CP
SSP: FIA/IMSA cars to 1974
SRA: ASR (and BSR with 4-valve motors and/or slicks).
SRB: Sports-racers up to 2-liters on treaded tires. 2-valve.
AF: FB, FC, FJr, F2, F3, SV. Treaded tires. No 4-valve or wings.
BF: FF to 1972
CF: FV and front-engine FJr
DF: FF 1973-75
EF: Wing and slick formula cars.
VA, VB, VC: Vintage sports-racers and production to 1961 with tighter
restrictions.
We also have classes for Caterhams and allow Westfield 11 and some Cobra
replicas to run for no points in our championship.

The groups are set up as follows:
Group1: PA, SRA, SSP. PA on treads, others on slicks
Group2: PB and PC. All treads.
Group 3: AF, BF, CF, DF. All on treaded tires.
Group 4: VA, VB, VC All treads.
Group 5: Exhibition
Group 6: PD and Caterhams. All treads.
Group 7: EF (due to low attendence, this class does not always run).
Harold Pace