Re: Vintage Racing Groups

To: "Jeremy Braithwaite" <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing Groups
From: "Andres Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:52:59 +0800
Jeremy,

If there are no subclasses, would an MGB, for instance, compete against a
427 Cobra, since both are in Sb?  We were following the FIA
displacement-based system last year, but this didn't factor in age,
handling, etc., and led to some mismatches.  We have a very small but very
varied field - Austin Healey Sprite to 327 Stingrays.  We are now are using
a combination of VARA and SVRA groupings, with some success, but wonder how
you do it.  Your historic program is reputed to be quite successful.

Sorry about the very basic questions, Jeremy, but you are talking to a
complete novice!  Many thanks, and we really appreciate the guidance.

Reagrds

Andy
MSCC, Manila