Historic Stock cars...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Historic Stock cars...
From: "Gary S." <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:10:50 -0600
Ok, since I started this thread, I feel I should let the VR public know how
things have been going.  Most of the responses have been sent through the VR
list, and we have seen where that has gone.

I must admit, several issues have been brought up that I had not thought
about and find very interesting.

First, the visibility of the big guys and the big trailers is obvious,
however, if numbers count, they hardly make a dent.

Second, most vintage race organizations have certain criteria for allowing
cars to participate.  I havent seen one that allows cars as new as 1993, so
when these cars show up, it is by special invitation.  Thats fine, I guess,
but what about the next time, when a "Legend" car owner asks for a chance to
show off his stuff?  (or going to extremes to make my point, GraveDigger and
his fleet of "baby GraveDiggers")Will it depend on who the owner is?  How
are these decisions to include/exclude cars not meeting published criteria made?

There are enough race tracks and weekends during the year, where I dont see
the necessity to mix and match cars that dont meet the rules.  And, I am
pretty sure there is a group that just includes obsolete winston cup cars,
they DO have venues to race at, havent seen any invitations from them to
bring on the Sprites, TR's and FV's, have you?

We all love cars, and we all love racing.  If we have rules, lets follow
them, otherwise, what good are they?

Gary Speckman
Team Thicko