Re: Jaguar rear suspension

To: Barton Spencer Brown <bartbrn@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Jaguar rear suspension
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (Jim Isbell)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:00:52 -0600 (CST)
>I was fortunate enough to have someone donate to me a complete Jaguar
>rear end of somewhat uncertain vintage and lineage. It is from either an
>XJS or XJ6, according to the donator, and is probably mid-80's. I plan
>on using it in my sweaty-fingered project-of-the-millenium Ambro/Dio.
>
>Can someone suggest a good manual for the rebuild of this rear
>axle/diff/suspension unit?

Only one worth its price is the Jaguar factory manual and it is pricy.  If I
remember correctly its $125.

The rear ends of the XJS and XJ6 are the same in mid 80s.  With the one
difference that the XJS has positraction rear end and the XJ6 does not.  The
ratio on the XJS will be 3.31 and on the XJ6 is 2.88.  But the "pumpkin" is
interchangablei.e." bolt on."
                                                                    Jim I. ,
Onboard "Millennium Falcon"

"Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports.
All others are just games."  E. Hemingway---- J.Isbell adds "and sailing."