comp entries

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: comp entries
From: RobynPass@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:22:11 -0500 (EST)

As the Program Director for SVRA from 1991-1994, I have knowledge that
"complimentary entries" were consistently and routinely given.  In addition,
tow money, and other perks such as comp hotel rooms, comp garages, etc. were
made available to selected entrants at various events.  This usually was in
conjunction with the "featured marque" of the particular event.

I'm not arguing whether this is good or bad for the sport, but I want
everyone to understand what was happening, because there seems to be a lot of
misunderstanding or misinformation on this issue.

Robyn