Re: Lodging for Monterey Historics

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: Lodging for Monterey Historics
From: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us (Thom Kuby)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:22:48 -0700 (PDT)
Thats a fact, Simon...
this year is probably an even bigger mess than normal, what with the "huns"
coming to town-50th anniversary bash and all that...I'm a Porsche guy, so I
really can't pass this one up... BUT, if this were a "normal hassle" I
think I'd probably give up on the Historics altogether in favor of
attending more, smaller, local club hosted events...more track time,
looser, and more fun etc etc.  I heard somewhere that rental of Laguna Seca
alone is something like 45k...that true?  Somewhere along the line I think
we'll see some sort of general backlash against these "big" events in favor
of smaller, more frequent gatherings at lessor known/used venues...

To be honest...I've ALWAYS had a bit of a problem with great big events
(read crowds & hype) anyway...be it concerts, playoffs, tournaments,
racing, whatever...smaller groups and a relaxed pace is more my
style-perhaps I'm a little weird, but I just seem to get more out of
that...

At any rate...I'm just thinking out loud here, just my opinion-worth every
penny expended on it :) :)

Cheers
Thom Kuby