Mk I Sprite - wire wheels

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net (Vintage list)
Subject: Mk I Sprite - wire wheels
From: JWoesvra <JWoesvra@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 19:06:47 EDT
Does anyone remember someone recently saying that they couldn't use wire
wheels on a "bugeye" because they didn't come that way? I saw it somewhere and
can't remember exactly where.

Anyway, at the time I thought I had the documentation somewhere and today I
found it. Now I'm not sure who wanted it.

For the record, the Mk I Sprites had a very extensive "option" list. While we
generally remember these cars in H-production, actually the Sprite with
"options" was a G-production car while the limited spec car was in H.
Eventually some of the options were disallowed and the all the cars were put
in H.

Of particular note  are several little known parts which include:

p/n# Q2337 front disc brakes
p/n# Q2552 rear disc brakes
p/n# Q2424/31 wire wheels
p/n# Q2504/5  1 1/2" SU carbs
p/n# Q2350 cold air box
p/n# Q2609 light weight seats
p/n# Q2629 Sebring type crankshaft

I wonder how many of these parts are still around, or if they ever really
existed.

Anyway, I hope this info is usefull to someone.

Jack Woehrle