: prepared in the proper spirit...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: : prepared in the proper spirit...
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 01:51:33 EDT

--part0_899617893_boundary

<<

 << ou guys are assuming that just because you aren't familiar with it, its
  somehow strange or wrong.  When I got my first TD in the fifties, the
  flat head V860 was a well known conversion.  Read Burt Levy's book.  But
  then i guess you would look down your noses at Allards too, and maybe
  Cunningham and Penske, all engine swap guys in those days.  John >>

 NO YOU ARE ASSUMING THAT YOU'RE THE ONLY OLDE FART HERE! I recall that Road
and track had an article on a 265/283 in a TD   but did YOU EVER see or hear
of a V*-60 equipped with ARDUN heads much less with 48IDA's--in fact did you
even see anything before the 60's with them.Webers were EXOTIC! you will
recall that the Jaguar XK-120c not to mention the MG Twin cam, Healy 100S, and
other race type production cars didn't have webers! If some person stuffed a
V*-60 in his TD it was because it was a cheaper way to go faster than buying
one of the above mentioned go-fasters. To spend enough to buy one of them on
the arduns and webers wasn't generally-if ever done.
 Michael* >>