re: 10 Top Reasons etc.

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: 10 Top Reasons etc.
From: acace@juno.com (Richard W Waite)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:24:20 -0400
Tony Wang (and Lulu) were at NHIS this past weekend. They brought a
Ferrari 250
Europa roadster (I think that's right), a Lotus XI, an Alfa Guilia and a
Maserati 300S.

Lulu usually races her Alfain my class. Used to be I could beat her.
She's improved a lot and now I can barely keep up with her. In fact this
past weekend she won the race.
Tony drove the Ferrari in the same race but being a street car it wasn't
very competative and he dropped out.

Last year at Lime Rock, Tony in his 250 SWB was right behind me going
into the left hand turn when I had to brake for someone doing something
stupid in front of me. I spun (it was wet) and as I completed the first
180 I was staring at the SWB heading straight for me. Just as I was
calculating a second mortgage to pay for all the damage, he spun too. We
ended up on the grass parallel to each other about 10 feet apart without
touching. Looked at each other, shrugged and continued on. At the end of
the race, the corner workers voted us the best pas de deux of the day.