Re: FIA spec / UK Series

To: MRogers726@aol.com
Subject: Re: FIA spec / UK Series
From: Carter Hendricks <carterh@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 23:17:18 -0500
At 11:10 PM 9/4/98 EDT, MRogers726@aol.com wrote:

>Thats it! 1091--1584cc's 65-76  71 -130 Hp come to recall-- I've seen three,
>one with 45's!
>why are Solexes any worse than Webers?

They just always seem so much more off point, so
difficult to get spot on, and the warmup seems
always awful... on every single one!!  Not always
terrible*, but much more aggravating than Webers...
and fuel injection has spoiled us all.

*except for the "compound" carbs on the old 2600
Alfas, which are so difficult/weird that people have
trailered cars here to have them straightened out.
They may be evil...

>If someone doesn't get exited about them, I'll use them on my sleeved
>997cc-->850cc enford 105E in the Coffield.

Michael--

Let me know which ones you have and if they're the
close-bore type or the wider ones like regular DCOE
Webers, ok?