Racing on alcohol

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Racing on alcohol
From: Ed Millman <EdM@AdServices.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:57:17 -0800
Hello everyone.

Unfortunatly my Cortina GT will not be ready to race for the Fall Finale
here in the Northwest with SOVREN.  But I have been helping my friend get
his '51 Cooper Mk5 ready to race this weekend.
It occurred to me as we were doing some last minute fabrication to the
float bowls, that if the whole thing shakes apart....again... that I seem
to remember that an alcohol fire is not handled the same way as a gasoline
fire.  What would be the best to have around in the pits or type of onboard
system to use.

Not that were expecting a flameout, but the amount of vibration thats
generated on a hard mounted single is impressive. !!!!

Thanks for any suggestions
Ed Millman

'62 A-H 3000
'63 Cortina GT
'68 A-H Sprite  --pretty dusty   for sale???