Re: Brake linings.

To: deedavis@etch-eshop.ME.Berkeley.EDU (Dee Davis),
Subject: Re: Brake linings.
From: Dennis Murphy <dennism@elginsweeper.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:31:30 -0500 (CDT)
At 02:20 PM 9/24/98 -0700, you wrote:

>What is the collective experience and advice regarding Carbon-Kevlar
>linings for drum brakes?
>
>We will appreciate both good and bad.
>
>Dee

Dee,

I have been running Carbon-Kevlar lining on the 120 for three seasons
(Blackhawk three weekends, Raod America two, Gratton one, IRP one) and they
have been most satisfactory. They wear like iron! I still have half the
original thickness left and I use them hard (drums all around). They will
fade, a hard pedal and not much whoa in five or twelve at Road America can
be exciting! The fade problem is much less than with any other linings I
have used. No unusual wear on the drums either. I would heartily endorse them.
Dennis Murphy
'52 XK120
VSCDA Grp 2 #20
Geneva, IL