Sprites

To: "vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net"
Subject: Sprites
From: Douglas Wilson <dwilson@engassoc.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 08:54:07 -0500
I race a sprite with HSR. The five speed and the aluminum head do not =
comply with the written rules. You could probably get away with it, =
especially if you are not too fast. If you start wining Group II, =
somebody may say something. Even though the five speed is not legal, =
Todd Parrish runs one- he promises to only use four gears- which four he =
doesn't say. He whips my butt with great regularity  on the start- but =
it may not be the trans. The fact that he's a good driver and likes =
starts probably has more to do with it.

HSR is pretty laid back about rules- especially if  you've got the entry =
fee.

Doug Wilson
1275 59 Sprite