Re: What is vintage racing?

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What is vintage racing?
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 17:24:41 -0600
"DAWN, n.
     The time when men of reason go to bed. Certain old men prefer to
rise at about that time, taking a cold bath and a long walk with an
empty stomach, and otherwise mortifying the flesh. They then point with
pride to these practices as the cause of their sturdy health and ripe
years; the truth being that they are hearty and old, not because of
their habits, but in spite of them. The reason we find only robust
persons doing this thing is that it has killed all the others who have
tried it."

http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/