Re: Ferrari/Mattel

To: ric_bergstrom@juno.com, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Ferrari/Mattel
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:37:24 EST
In a message dated 1/16/99 10:15:44 PM, ric_bergstrom@juno.com wrote:

>Does this mean that every ferrari model is now a collectors item?  Can
>Mattel do justice to a 250 GTO model?

Some of the Hot Wheels Ferraris are pretty good. I can't afford to collect
1/48, plus most of them have badly modeled bodies. The Hot Wheels models, with
the major exception of the 250 Testa Rossa (very poor) are pretty accurate.
They also sell Ferrari sets with 5 cars in one box. The first ones were all
red, and I have an unopened set just in case... I also have a 250 GTO Series I
made by some unknown company in China that is pretty good. I mean, what do you
expect for .97?
Harold Pace
"Yes, I have a small collection of Ferraris..."