Re: Rockin' and a Rollin' rockers, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rockin' and a Rollin' rockers, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:13:52 -0500
You know, I disagree with the motivation for upgrades and modern
technology. I believe it's more a matter of seeing how much money you
can pour into that hole! The blatant cheaters seem to be, not the
amateur vintage racer, but the guys with big bucks having their cars
professionally prepared by a shop that is dedicated to helping them
spend as much money as possible. That's wonderful - helps keep the
economy healthy! And for most of these guys, the additional prep cost
makes up for very little of their lack of driving ability. But it does
impress their honeys!
(Gawd, I LOVE being sarcastic - especially on these long winter days -
and knowing that this will cause no end of bitching on the list!)
Have fun!
Jim (with the guts to race SCCA - vintage at least)
PS: Back in the 60s, one magazine editor, maybe David E Davis, told the
importer of one of the Italian vette-engined supercars that nobody
wanted Ferrari performance at half the price - they wanted the Ferrari,
no matter what it cost!

 It's the guys that have to win at

--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA