Re: Fire systems

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fire systems
From: Clark Smith <clark@dnf.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:11:22 -0800 (PST)
And I'd like to add a question to Ted's:  what is the inner/outer diameter
of the aluminum tubing used in the Halon systems?

I've had personal experience with halon during an engine fire and I can't
recommend it enough- regardless of the environmental concerns (which
greatly limits its use in California).  If my car had burnt to the ground,
it would have created some very ugly smoke...

Clark

>I'd like to hear anyone's opinions and experiences with various fire
>systems.  Has anyone actually used one of the alternatives to Halon such as
>the 3M foam in a real fire?  Any advice as to which brand is better as
>concerns quality, ease of installation, etc.?
>
>Thanks for any input.
>
>Ted Rodgers

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html