Re: Shop lights...Suggestions???

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop lights...Suggestions???
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:22:30 PST
[from Jim Isbell]

>I am trying to install some flourecent lights on the cieling but even a
>masonry bit will only go 1/2" into the stuff before it craters.  I dont
>know if it is atomic bomb proof, but it sure is drill proof.

Sounds like my toilet repair...(now we're completely off topic..)

Get some expensive titanium-whatever bits, use oil and you should be
able to get a hole in the steel plate. I had to do this on a toilet
flange that the bolt retainer rusted out and I didn't feel like
jackhammering the cast iron flange out of the concrete..
Then use selftapping screws.  Made for iron or concrete.

>Does anyone know of an epoxy or some type of glue that I could glue some
>hangers to the surface of the concrete ceiling to hang my 12 lb. lights
>from?

I wouldn't trust any glue over my head,,or car for that matter....

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.