RE: ****In Search of Jeff Grebe***

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: ****In Search of Jeff Grebe***
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:15:38 PST
Ahoy ye scurvy lot! `Time ta sign on with merriest band o'
land-locked barbarous cutthroats as ever ta sail th' briney,
er... plaines!

The Central Illinois Triumph Owners Association an' The Prairie Octagon
MG Club are goin' a-rovin' at the Champagne British Car Festival in
Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, Friday May 28th-Sunday May 30th, 1999.

This bein' our eighth festival we'm be callin' it "Pieces of Eight", an
we be honorin' the MGBV8, an' all other bold British marques what has an
8 cylinder mixer under th' bonnet. Grab yer cutlass and yer wrench an'
jine us fer a great weekend o' buccaneerin' high jinks, and British
automotive lunacy.  Hany man Jack... er Jill o' ye what stays ashore'll
think es' found THE BLACK SPOT, been marooned, keel hauled or worse!

There'll be murther most foul... twice. THE BLACK SPOT will fall ta some
hapless toad on Friday night then agen' on Saturday night.
Ye'll be charged wi' findin' the culprit. The crew be limited to 100
participants, an ye'll be after hav'n exclusive registration until May
1, 1999. Yer cost'll be $30. Per person an' that'll include yer
victuals. We'm also be rolickin' at our pre-iginition party on Friday
night in Black Jack Davey's Hell Hole (Jumers' Illini Tap pub)

Saturday the Fillibuster's test o' blind navigation and pyratical talent
(the funkhana) will be cap'nd by that dastardly scum hisself, Deadeye
Pew. Fer ye' wi'out ship, but hot fer adventure, there be treasure t' be
found (the walking rally).  For those wi' an itch ta roam there'll be
the daylight cruize. Then, ye can settle dhan in th' great hall fer High
Tea an' eddi-fy-cation belike ye was fine civilized ladies an'
gennimen... (WHICH YE AIN'T)! Then "batten down the hatch es! Run out
the guns! Clear for action!" Ye can board Jumer's double decker "tall
ship" bus and go a pub crawlin'.

Sunday, them's what'r just draggin' their sorry carcasses back to their
den or them's what peached it early an are up can catch the tide an'
sail with the Dawn Patrol Breakfast Run. Then it's back ta port fer
careenin' scrubbin' dahn the decks and the Pyrates' choice car show.
Voting starts at noon and prizes be awarded at 3 bells.

Jumers' Castle Lodge in Urbana Illinois be th' lattitude again, me jolly
shipmates. We ain't just got a block o' rooms... we'll be takin' over
the place!  They'll be after givin' us a special rate of $54. o'night
Fer single an' doubles (suites available from $79.- $125.). Ta make sure
there's berth for ye an' yer mates y' better be aloft ta' th' crow's
nest an' be signalin' Jumers' a soon as ye clear the headlands. Call
(217) 384-8800, refer to th' Confirmation number #110154, ta' sign on.
If Jumers' be full, alternate berthin' can be had at The Park Inn, $55.+
tax. Call (800) 437-PARK confirmation #20093 (CBCF) `er check our web
site:

(www.prairienet.org/cbcf/main.html)

So, me fine camaradoes what'r ye doin' sittin' an yer
fundiment? Git yer pyrate togs, grab yer sea bag, dust off yer parrot
an' set sail for The Champagne

British Car Festival... Arrrrrr!

 If ye'll want a copy of our brochure send me yer snail mail address
an I'll be send'n it right along

  Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)