Lotus Holbay FF Engine

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lotus Holbay FF Engine
From: "Vaughn Rockney" <vintagegarage@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:30:06 -0500
Listers,
  Jorgen asked me to put the word out about an engine he has for sale.  I
have no knowledge of the engine, no financial interest in it, no connection
with Jorgen, and don't know any more about it... all the normal
disclaimers..  For more details or to buy, email Jorgen directly and he can
email you photos.

Vaughn

Lotus - Holbay engine for sale.
Original 1968/69 Lotus-Holbay FF 1600ccm. Blueprinted, with dry-sump,
complete with carb, and the special Holbay downdraft air-inlet, which
according to Lotus gave them the leading edge.  Successfully raced in a
converted F-3 car until 1994, where it was brought direct from the racetrack
into a garage to have the engine replaced with a original F-3 engine.  I
bought it from the garage while they were still working on taking the engine
out of the car, and I have had it in my garage ever since. The engine has
been preserved with oil in the cylinders, and the engine has been turned now
and then over the years. The engine is located in Denmark.

I will sell the engine for 3.000 USD + transport. To Chicago-terminal it is
340 USD. Custom-duty not included, might be 2,4%, but I am not sure.

Please write to:
Jorgen Jensen
delta@danbbs.dk