For Sale: 62 Lotus S7 Cosworth 1500 SCCA Special..

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: For Sale: 62 Lotus S7 Cosworth 1500 SCCA Special..
From: Jim Giordano <gio@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:05:04 -0400 (EDT)
I have a few too many projects, so I regrettably have decided to sell this
car. My loss will be someone else's gain. It is a fantastic project..

1962 Lotus SCCA Super Seven
Cosworth 1500 Vintage Racer

Descriptoin:   Mileage: Under 6,000 mi.  Color.

This superb condition Super Seven is a Vintage racer broken down
>into kit form....awaiting final assembly. The frame is to full Super Seven
>specs and is superb.  Car can be purchased with your choice of engines,
>low mileage original Cosworth 1500 that is partially dissasembled, and/or
>a rebuilt, zero mile full race Cosworth 1500 engine rebuilt by Clem's Race
>engines in Dallas, TX.

Lotus Chassis # of 1761
Frame No:  B 1546 Archer Radiator works built
(stamped of "L"shaped steel bracket in front of peddle box.)
SCCA #  0228 (AZ region-28 car registered)  Raced with No: 55DP Engine:
Cosworth 1500 Engine.  Block #120E 6015
Trans: 189? 7505 Close ratio Ford.  Alum Triumph? extension marked "Stanapart"
Carb Numbers:  40DCOE18 Webers.  #3753 and 30575
Body Color:  Originally red. Now yellow
Has 9" rear fenders.
HISTORY The car when new was supposedly shipped to a dealer in Houstan, TX.
with a couple other SCCA specials that were bought by racers in the area.
All painted red, I believe. Owned by Chuck Collins owned it in Phoenix Area
until 1973.   The car was raced SCCA D Production an after a mishap at
Riverside raceway in 1963? it was stored.  Frame was  professionally
renewed and update to 1969 SS Super 7 specs. in 1993 by a leading race car
builder in the midwest, Warren Johnson.  Car has never been titled/licensed
for road use. Has not lights.  Never assembled after that. I purchase the
car in July,'88.

Car is located In Washington State. I can ship low cost worldwide
 $13,500 w/orig. engine. Have full race
>engine available for an additional $4250.

Contact Jim Giordano via email or  tel. 425-603-9612  6am-10 PST
email  gio@sprynet.com   fax; 425-957-9890