"The Duke"...update

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: "The Duke"...update
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:58:50 EDT

Fellow procrastinators-

News from the bodyshop front...

Dragged the Duke to another "bondo" bandit and have been assured that I will
see the shiney red finished product within 3 weeks! Well I've been lied to
before... I can chastise myself for "slacking", but I really feel bad when
something is out of my control, and it just doesn't happen the way you want
it to. (Like taking a car to a bodyshop in April and dragging it out in
August looking abouut the same as when you dropped it off).
Looks like I will not have a "Coming out" party for the Duke this year, but
all you Nor Cal folkes mark your calendars for the first race next year as we
will have a "proper" celebration when the Duke turns a wheel on its own.
                              ~
So long from "manana" central...
          Nick of Nor Cal