Re: Bonnet locks

To: twobees@sprynet.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bonnet locks
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:32:06 EDT

<<
 Any of you MGB racers have a "perfect" location for the traditional
 through-bonnet retaining pins?  Photos I've seen seem to put them in & up by
 about 4 inches from each corner.

 Norm Sippel
 '66 B

Norm,

I put the "through-bonnet retaining pins" on my MGB - only positive way of
keeping the hood closed on the track.  I located mine aprox 7 3/8" from the
front edge of the hood and 3 3/4" from the side of the hood.  This way the
pins attach to the wide sheet metal of the body where the factory hood lock
is located.  I also made up retainer cables out ot 1/8" plastic coated cable
and crimps so that the retaining pins didn't get lost.  I got the pins and
plates etc. as a kit from Racer Wholesale.

Good luck,

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Coupe