in-car camera

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: in-car camera
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 9:37:46 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded a few months ago to my request for info on
in-car cameras. I ended up buying a camera from Race Cam and connecting it to a
Sony Hi8 recorder.

The system works extremely well. There is absolutely no shake in the camera,
and the wide-angle lens allows you to see the whole dash and gauges. The camera
(with a few options like high resolution and stereo microphones) cost $1,400.
The camcorder cost another $700. At first I regreted having spent so much, but
now that I've recorded a few events I have no regrets.

The only drawback about having an in-car camera is that you have to resists
sliding the car around just so you can have some exciting video to watch when
you get home.

Karim
Santa Monica
Karim Marouf