Re: Monterey Historics

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:11:51 -0500
Annnnnd,   now that my memory has been properly "jogged", I remember a
"Stirling Moment" from the 1995 Monterey Historics (the Lotus Year):

Stirling was driving the Spridget and tried an amazingly ambitious outside
pass on the last turn of the race.  The "intimadatee" was having none of it
and Stirling was forced on the dirt.  At the Lotus banquet later that day,
there was some kidding about the incident and I think that the gist of
Stirling's comment was something about his usually being able to bluff out
awed competitors!      Comments from those with better memory than I humbly
accepted.

Tony Clark - Sherman, TEXAS
lotus.tony@airmail.net