RE: Histrionics - um, I meant Monterey

To: "'Mactds@aol.com '" <Mactds@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Histrionics - um, I meant Monterey
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:40:19 -0500
Maura wrote:

> Guess what? No matter what rules are in
> place or who does the driving - EXCREMENT
> OCCURS IN RACING - that's all there is to it!!

Oh I don't know . . . if you pay a celebrity driver to show up, and then
loan him a priceless and important race car for a "Demonstration Run", you
kind of expect him to get through the first corner without going off track
and banging into two other cars.

Which doesn't diminish my admiration for Mossie's talent - one of the two or
three best of all time. Attributable in part to a philosophy of "win or
break/crash trying". Great for a GP driver, not so good for a vintage car
pilot.

And the undeniable fact that EXCREMENT OCCURS IN RACING" is most definitely
NOT "all there is to it". There's sportsmanship and respect for the
machinery, not to mention a consideration for the physical safety of your
fellows.

Jim Hill
Madison WI