Re: To paint, or NOT to paint

To: ericsmgs@prodigy.net, simon@mondes.com, Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: To paint, or NOT to paint
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:29:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/26/1999 10:58:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ericsmgs@prodigy.net writes:

<< .but, what is the
 >> opinion of whether or not to paint brake calipers?
 >> And if the opinion is for paint, should it be black or white? >>

We have been painting calipers and wheel cylinders with "Cast Gray" spray for
many years with great results. They look good and the paint stays on unless
you overheat a caliper to the point the seals melt.

I don't give a damn if the paint holds in a little heat. That's F-1 stuff.

There are several brands but I like the NAPA and Eastwood versions best.

Jack Woehrle