Re: VDCA Membership

To: "Brett Johnson" <356drb@indy.net>
Subject: Re: VDCA Membership
From: "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:29:23 -0500
> >From the school of "Do as I say, don't do as I did," let me advise
> buying a car that is already built and is currently competeing in
> vintage racing.  There are lots of them for sale and, depending on what
> you want, can be quite inexpensive.  Building a car from scratch is much
> more expensive and tends to be frowned on by some organizations, because
> it was not originally a race car.

Thanks for the advice Brett. A good friend has already told me the same
thing. However, that good friend is Bill Perry. He builds the conversion
kits to mate the Datsun 210 tranny to a Spridget. He has built winning
Spridgets for 30 years and really knows what he's doing. He'll be my
builder. He and his son have opened a race shop called Rivergate
Restorations, here locally. They do car prep, restorations, roll cages, etc.
They're located at http://www.rivergate5speed.com/

I got to drive the blue bugeye he has on his website in my vintage driving
school. It was one sweet car. Wish I could have bought it from him.

Tom Shirley Sale Creek, TN
99 Mazda Miata (Bad Dog Racing)
78 Triumph Spitfire (for sale)
http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/