Re: Vintage race and nervous insurers

To: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com, malcox@napanet.net
Subject: Re: Vintage race and nervous insurers
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:28:39 EST
To CSRG list members:

To echo Dick Buckingham's statements, I recently had a conversation with
someone who attended many of the recent VMC meetings, and confirmed that the
statements that were made at the recent CSRG "Tire Meeting" by board members
to the effect that VMC was pressuring the clubs to reduce speeds and
incidents due to pressure from the insurer is a gross misrepresentation of
the facts of what the VMC's position actually is.  In fact, the person who
writes insurance for the VMC was at the last meeting and stood up clarified
their position, which had NOTHING to do with speeds or tires, or with any
risks to continued event coverage.

I would urge you all to do as the CSRG board suggested and write or contact
them with your input on this subject (i.e. tires), and let them know what you
think.  Its my opinion that the current tire rules, developed over an
extensive two year study by the previous boards with considerable effort put
in by Butch Gilbert, and only put into effect in March of 1999, which allows
certain DOT radials, are working just fine the way they are.

I would also caution you that there are members on the present board who
advocate such draconian changes as the elimination of timing and scoring at
our events as well.  We cannot let these folks strange ideas of what CSRG
should be ruin what has developed into one of the premier vintage racing
organizations in the country.  I urge you to STAY INVOLVED.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (persona non-grata at CSRG board meetings) Cortina Mk1 #128