Re: Speed differentials and the ultimate place to race?

To: gtactionphoto@ezl.com
Subject: Re: Speed differentials and the ultimate place to race?
From: Ed McDonough <Ed.McDonough@northampton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:17:41 +0000
Date sent:              Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:04:10 -0600
From:                   Gary Trobaugh <gtactionphoto@ezl.com>
To:                     Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Copies to:              Transmancat@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Send reply to:          Gary Trobaugh <gtactionphoto@ezl.com>

Gary:
No, Lance Macklin has been in a nursing home for some time. I am
trying to confirm that he has died, but I hadn't heard that here,
though he has been ill. The man in the airplane was Ron Flockhart.
Ed McDonough
Gary Trobaugh wrote:
I maybe mistaken, but I think that Lance Macklin was killed in
an airplane crash in 1978.He was in a P-51 Mustang and during
an air race from England to Australia.
An automotive literature index list an artice in "Road & Track"
October, 1978 (V 30:2 page 164).One of the few issues that I am
missing.
With kind regards,
Gary Trobaugh

I have 120 of my photos of sports car racing from 1960 on a site:

http://www.ezl.com/~gtactionphoto/photoindex.html