Re: Need list of top Vintage Car companies

To: ericsmgs@prodigy.net, alder_rj@ix.netcom.com, rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com,
Subject: Re: Need list of top Vintage Car companies
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:51:01 EDT
I think what is irritating abut this, and yes I find it irritating, is
feeling used for someone else's profit.  $5, $10, $100, $1,000 amount does
not matter.  I have been fortunate on these lists, finding information and
yes even parts.  Many times free.  One great fellow send me a large number of
copies, unsolicited, free, of various Lucas parts lists and Morgan Three
Wheeler information.  He send the stuff because he believed I needed it for
my hobby. I did and appreciated his generosity a great deal.  Then another
fellow made a request on the big Triumph list , a desperate appeal for a
workshop manual.  Can't find it anywhere for less than $150, can someone
please, please help.  I'm restoring the car of my dreams, etc. etc.  So old
softy I sold him a brand new repair manual for about 25% of the going market
at the time.  Short time later a fellow lister who was concerned about the
unavailability of the manual for serious TR folk offered a photocopy for
almost like free. Short time later the guy who whined and I sold the factory
manual to is offering it for sale on the list for 3x what I sold it to him
for!  AND pointing out what a great deal it was.  He also had the balls to
say he was selling it because he got such a great deal on the almost free
manual!  I felt used and am no longer so cooperative with folk whom I don't
know.  Screw em.  Like yeah, I'll take a half hour or so to help this guy
compile a comprehensive list of restoration companies, just so he can get the
best price and to help him make money.  The amount does not matter,  the
attitude does.  Yeah it's his property and he is entitled to get what he can
get but I don't have to help.
Bob Paul