Re: RACE at the BASE (RATB)

To: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>, "Bob Williams" <ibexbob@ptdprolog.net>,
Subject: Re: RACE at the BASE (RATB)
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:35:48 -0000
i also whole heartedly suport this event!  my sports racer over heated on
the way to the beach front display.  i ended up at the guards shack with my
cooling system boiling.  thanks to the friendly hopspitalty the MP's got me
an escort back to the pits and had police block the intersections all the
way back to the pitts too!  i felt like a v.i.p.!  i thought that since we
were an outside group invading their base for a weekend that we might not be
very welcome with my kind of problems.   i was so wrong!   the military
poilce were so interested in what i had brought and were the most polite and
helpfull individuals.  i am trying to complete my car for this event!  if it
is not finished in time i might just head down for the weekend just to
spectate and possibly help out a friend or two in the pits.  still a little
burned out from roebling road's commute.  thats another report(yet to come).

charles christ sr.
speed research and restoration vintage racing