Hewland 2 Ford Adapter

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hewland 2 Ford Adapter
From: Steve Bush <sab92078@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 20:07:28 -0700
I recently purchased from a wrecked Sports 2000 car a Loyning Ford 2L
and a Hewland Mark 9.  Missing was the adapter between the two.  Since
then I purchased, used on the net, an adapter which was supposed to
fit.  When it arrived the bolt pattern matched the Ford but not the
Hewland.  Also the diameter appears small to fit over my clutch and
flywheel combination.  The adapter is a Hewland part, cast aluminum and
is 2" thick. Since I purchased the adapter "on approval" I can return
it.

Did I get the correct part for my application?  I see other adapters
advertised to be 3 1/2" thick.

How do I assure I purchase the correct part next time?  Is there
additional information I should supply the next seller?

Does anyone subscribing to this list have the correct adapter for sale?

Thanks for the help.

Steve Bush
San Diego