Re: surge tank/catch tank

To: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Subject: Re: surge tank/catch tank
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:33:21 -0700
I think the 1-qt oil bottles with a hose duct taped to the mouth look
REALLY tacky. ;=) The transaxle catch can on my Bourgeault Formula
Junior is a period-correct 1-qt round olive oil can. It has a '59
penny soldered to the top for luck. There are period photos of the
car with this fitment, but I don't know if the can is original. The
engine breather catch can is probably also an olive oil can, but it's
the rectangular variety and it's been painted over.